[MacPorts] #56018: Backport bugfixes to release-2.4 for next release

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[MacPorts] #56018: Backport bugfixes to release-2.4 for next release

MacPorts
#56018: Backport bugfixes to release-2.4 for next release
------------------------+----------------------------
 Reporter:  neverpanic  |      Owner:  raimue
     Type:  defect      |     Status:  new
 Priority:  Normal      |  Milestone:  MacPorts 2.4.3
Component:  base        |    Version:
 Keywords:              |       Port:
------------------------+----------------------------
 Ryan mentioned a number of changes that should be backported to
 release-2.4 for the next bugfix release.

 Reinplace quietly when clearing dependency_libs in .la files
 https://github.com/macports/macports-
 base/commit/49a0c6f5a6088b4f7ecd0137b18d10a56f30694d

 Fix case-only renames with no arguments
 https://github.com/macports/macports-
 base/commit/acc1e62d8560609652977e563734f805c41244cf

 Fix incorrect portindex usage message
 https://github.com/macports/macports-
 base/commit/1c7c8b21c42962e9761aeb97844aa91f320eee47

 Remove clang-3.8 from compiler fallback list on El Capitan and older
 https://github.com/macports/macports-
 base/commit/c4107fcd483646853321027af2e123aa0e70a1ce

 Fix error when sw_vers fails
 https://github.com/macports/macports-
 base/commit/adf078d0e0626b831463dea740bfe4f008142cda

 Fix typos in manpages
 https://github.com/macports/macports-
 base/commit/38fe236f3f830a79c39e50526a20a32b2345d6dc

 Update macOS version checks
 https://github.com/macports/macports-
 base/commit/3ba09e0620be7a8e77e1b84da03309b09d98e902

 Update Xcode version checks
 https://github.com/macports/macports-
 base/commit/5f6bd08834d4f6cab011e068f192b965993edc30

 Error when port opened with nonexistent subport
 https://github.com/macports/macports-
 base/commit/9c48520c7347a84af603ed35ed27a96a42d57838

 Fix leaving orphaned Portfiles in registry
 https://github.com/macports/macports-
 base/commit/6c8c70b370753b9015400b27afdcd303b7a0cb63

 Ignore case in livecheck regexps
 https://github.com/macports/macports-
 base/commit/0310feb5f4c3858e067e3500936f6fa099c78803

 Fix typo in warning message
 https://github.com/macports/macports-
 base/commit/677dda56cbf3fc310b96a2fc1b54ee7c85ce5375

 Add /dev/{u,}random to sandbox
 https://github.com/macports/macports-
 base/commit/c8c1565f42a60c2b9e85a204603a66052f444c43

 sandbox: Allow file-write-data for /var/db/mds
 https://github.com/macports/macports-
 base/commit/1f76522228abba0d8383071b059daff726a8c9f6

 Close the portfiles after reading
 https://github.com/macports/macports-
 base/commit/c2df3cc958635f7ac6d0983288723c6ea097b221


 Go through this list and backport all relevant changes. Do not forget to
 update the milestone field of any tickets associated with these changes to
 MacPorts 2.4.3.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/56018>
MacPorts <https://www.macports.org/>
Ports system for macOS
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [MacPorts] #56018: Backport bugfixes to release-2.4 for next release

MacPorts
#56018: Backport bugfixes to release-2.4 for next release
-------------------------+----------------------------
  Reporter:  neverpanic  |      Owner:  raimue
      Type:  defect      |     Status:  new
  Priority:  Normal      |  Milestone:  MacPorts 2.4.3
 Component:  base        |    Version:
Resolution:              |   Keywords:
      Port:              |
-------------------------+----------------------------
Description changed by neverpanic:

Old description:

> Ryan mentioned a number of changes that should be backported to
> release-2.4 for the next bugfix release.
>
> Reinplace quietly when clearing dependency_libs in .la files
> https://github.com/macports/macports-
> base/commit/49a0c6f5a6088b4f7ecd0137b18d10a56f30694d
>
> Fix case-only renames with no arguments
> https://github.com/macports/macports-
> base/commit/acc1e62d8560609652977e563734f805c41244cf
>
> Fix incorrect portindex usage message
> https://github.com/macports/macports-
> base/commit/1c7c8b21c42962e9761aeb97844aa91f320eee47
>
> Remove clang-3.8 from compiler fallback list on El Capitan and older
> https://github.com/macports/macports-
> base/commit/c4107fcd483646853321027af2e123aa0e70a1ce
>
> Fix error when sw_vers fails
> https://github.com/macports/macports-
> base/commit/adf078d0e0626b831463dea740bfe4f008142cda
>
> Fix typos in manpages
> https://github.com/macports/macports-
> base/commit/38fe236f3f830a79c39e50526a20a32b2345d6dc
>
> Update macOS version checks
> https://github.com/macports/macports-
> base/commit/3ba09e0620be7a8e77e1b84da03309b09d98e902
>
> Update Xcode version checks
> https://github.com/macports/macports-
> base/commit/5f6bd08834d4f6cab011e068f192b965993edc30
>
> Error when port opened with nonexistent subport
> https://github.com/macports/macports-
> base/commit/9c48520c7347a84af603ed35ed27a96a42d57838
>
> Fix leaving orphaned Portfiles in registry
> https://github.com/macports/macports-
> base/commit/6c8c70b370753b9015400b27afdcd303b7a0cb63
>
> Ignore case in livecheck regexps
> https://github.com/macports/macports-
> base/commit/0310feb5f4c3858e067e3500936f6fa099c78803
>
> Fix typo in warning message
> https://github.com/macports/macports-
> base/commit/677dda56cbf3fc310b96a2fc1b54ee7c85ce5375
>
> Add /dev/{u,}random to sandbox
> https://github.com/macports/macports-
> base/commit/c8c1565f42a60c2b9e85a204603a66052f444c43
>
> sandbox: Allow file-write-data for /var/db/mds
> https://github.com/macports/macports-
> base/commit/1f76522228abba0d8383071b059daff726a8c9f6
>
> Close the portfiles after reading
> https://github.com/macports/macports-
> base/commit/c2df3cc958635f7ac6d0983288723c6ea097b221
>

> Go through this list and backport all relevant changes. Do not forget to
> update the milestone field of any tickets associated with these changes
> to MacPorts 2.4.3.

New description:

 Ryan mentioned a number of changes that should be backported to
 release-2.4 for the next bugfix release.

 Reinplace quietly when clearing dependency_libs in .la files
 https://github.com/macports/macports-
 base/commit/49a0c6f5a6088b4f7ecd0137b18d10a56f30694d

 Fix case-only renames with no arguments
 https://github.com/macports/macports-
 base/commit/acc1e62d8560609652977e563734f805c41244cf

 Fix incorrect portindex usage message
 https://github.com/macports/macports-
 base/commit/1c7c8b21c42962e9761aeb97844aa91f320eee47

 Remove clang-3.8 from compiler fallback list on El Capitan and older
 https://github.com/macports/macports-
 base/commit/c4107fcd483646853321027af2e123aa0e70a1ce

 Fix error when sw_vers fails
 https://github.com/macports/macports-
 base/commit/adf078d0e0626b831463dea740bfe4f008142cda

 Fix typos in manpages
 https://github.com/macports/macports-
 base/commit/38fe236f3f830a79c39e50526a20a32b2345d6dc

 Update macOS version checks
 https://github.com/macports/macports-
 base/commit/3ba09e0620be7a8e77e1b84da03309b09d98e902

 Update Xcode version checks
 https://github.com/macports/macports-
 base/commit/5f6bd08834d4f6cab011e068f192b965993edc30

 Error when port opened with nonexistent subport
 https://github.com/macports/macports-
 base/commit/9c48520c7347a84af603ed35ed27a96a42d57838

 Fix leaving orphaned Portfiles in registry
 https://github.com/macports/macports-
 base/commit/6c8c70b370753b9015400b27afdcd303b7a0cb63

 Ignore case in livecheck regexps
 https://github.com/macports/macports-
 base/commit/0310feb5f4c3858e067e3500936f6fa099c78803

 Fix typo in warning message
 https://github.com/macports/macports-
 base/commit/677dda56cbf3fc310b96a2fc1b54ee7c85ce5375

 Add /dev/{u,}random to sandbox
 https://github.com/macports/macports-
 base/commit/c8c1565f42a60c2b9e85a204603a66052f444c43

 sandbox: Allow file-write-data for /var/db/mds
 https://github.com/macports/macports-
 base/commit/1f76522228abba0d8383071b059daff726a8c9f6

 Close the portfiles after reading
 https://github.com/macports/macports-
 base/commit/c2df3cc958635f7ac6d0983288723c6ea097b221

 Trace mode broken on High Sierra #55575


 Go through this list and backport all relevant changes. Do not forget to
 update the milestone field of any tickets associated with these changes to
 MacPorts 2.4.3.

--

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/56018#comment:1>
MacPorts <https://www.macports.org/>
Ports system for macOS
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [MacPorts] #56018: Backport bugfixes to release-2.4 for next release

MacPorts
In reply to this post by MacPorts
#56018: Backport bugfixes to release-2.4 for next release
-------------------------+----------------------------
  Reporter:  neverpanic  |      Owner:  raimue
      Type:  defect      |     Status:  new
  Priority:  Normal      |  Milestone:  MacPorts 2.4.3
 Component:  base        |    Version:
Resolution:              |   Keywords:
      Port:              |
-------------------------+----------------------------

Comment (by raimue):

 I went through the list and will push the backported changes to
 release-2.4.

 ==== These did not apply for the reasons given:

 > Fix typo in warning message ​https://github.com/macports/macports-
 base/commit/677dda56cbf3fc310b96a2fc1b54ee7c85ce5375

 This message does not exist in this form in the release-2.4 branch.

 >  Close the portfiles after reading ​https://github.com/macports
 /macports-base/commit/c2df3cc958635f7ac6d0983288723c6ea097b221

 Was already released with 2.4.2, [ca215c1500181ce7942476d439780a9a155499e4
 /macports-base].

 ==== Note sure about this one:

 > Ignore case in livecheck regexps ​https://github.com/macports/macports-
 base/commit/0310feb5f4c3858e067e3500936f6fa099c78803

 Should we really introduce such a change in behavior in a patch release?

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/56018#comment:2>
MacPorts <https://www.macports.org/>
Ports system for macOS
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [MacPorts] #56018: Backport bugfixes to release-2.4 for next release

MacPorts
In reply to this post by MacPorts
#56018: Backport bugfixes to release-2.4 for next release
-------------------------+----------------------------
  Reporter:  neverpanic  |      Owner:  raimue
      Type:  defect      |     Status:  new
  Priority:  Normal      |  Milestone:  MacPorts 2.4.3
 Component:  base        |    Version:
Resolution:              |   Keywords:
      Port:              |
-------------------------+----------------------------

Comment (by raimue):

 In [changeset:"6782b97dbb9fadf399c52d11dd455a94642aa5f4/macports-base"
 6782b97dbb9fadf399c52d11dd455a94642aa5f4/macports-base]:
 {{{
 #!ConfigurableCommitTicketReference repository="macports-base"
 revision="6782b97dbb9fadf399c52d11dd455a94642aa5f4"
 ChangeLog: Update for backports to release-2.4

 See: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/56018
 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/56018#comment:3>
MacPorts <https://www.macports.org/>
Ports system for macOS
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [MacPorts] #56018: Backport bugfixes to release-2.4 for next release

MacPorts
In reply to this post by MacPorts
#56018: Backport bugfixes to release-2.4 for next release
-------------------------+----------------------------
  Reporter:  neverpanic  |      Owner:  raimue
      Type:  defect      |     Status:  new
  Priority:  Normal      |  Milestone:  MacPorts 2.4.3
 Component:  base        |    Version:
Resolution:              |   Keywords:
      Port:              |
-------------------------+----------------------------

Comment (by raimue):

 In [changeset:"6a3a0ed11e55f8d5c1b2f7d349a77230e6f74293/macports-base"
 6a3a0ed11e55f8d5c1b2f7d349a77230e6f74293/macports-base]:
 {{{
 #!ConfigurableCommitTicketReference repository="macports-base"
 revision="6a3a0ed11e55f8d5c1b2f7d349a77230e6f74293"
 ChangeLog: Update for backports to release-2.4

 See: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/56018
 (cherry picked from commit 6782b97dbb9fadf399c52d11dd455a94642aa5f4)
 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/56018#comment:4>
MacPorts <https://www.macports.org/>
Ports system for macOS
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [MacPorts] #56018: Backport bugfixes to release-2.4 for next release

MacPorts
In reply to this post by MacPorts
#56018: Backport bugfixes to release-2.4 for next release
-------------------------+----------------------------
  Reporter:  neverpanic  |      Owner:  raimue
      Type:  defect      |     Status:  new
  Priority:  Normal      |  Milestone:  MacPorts 2.4.3
 Component:  base        |    Version:
Resolution:              |   Keywords:
      Port:              |
-------------------------+----------------------------

Comment (by neverpanic):

 Replying to [comment:2 raimue]:
 > ==== Not sure about this one:
 >
 > > Ignore case in livecheck regexps ​https://github.com/macports
 /macports-base/commit/0310feb5f4c3858e067e3500936f6fa099c78803
 >
 > Should we really introduce such a change in behavior in a patch release?

 It's not a big change, and most people probably didn't expect the regexes
 to be case-sensitive anyway, but I agree it's a change of behavior. We
 could leave it out, but it's probably not harmful to cherry-pick it
 either.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/56018#comment:5>
MacPorts <https://www.macports.org/>
Ports system for macOS
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [MacPorts] #56018: Backport bugfixes to release-2.4 for next release

MacPorts
In reply to this post by MacPorts
#56018: Backport bugfixes to release-2.4 for next release
-------------------------+----------------------------
  Reporter:  neverpanic  |      Owner:  raimue
      Type:  defect      |     Status:  new
  Priority:  Normal      |  Milestone:  MacPorts 2.4.3
 Component:  base        |    Version:
Resolution:              |   Keywords:
      Port:              |
-------------------------+----------------------------

Comment (by mojca):

 I would backport support for cargo from
 [changeset:"d1271bcdd33efd3a64d62cdc9aa35acc9a06cad0/macports-base"
 d1271bcdd3] as well.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/56018#comment:6>
MacPorts <https://www.macports.org/>
Ports system for macOS
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [MacPorts] #56018: Backport bugfixes to release-2.4 for next release

MacPorts
In reply to this post by MacPorts
#56018: Backport bugfixes to release-2.4 for next release
-------------------------+----------------------------
  Reporter:  neverpanic  |      Owner:  raimue
      Type:  defect      |     Status:  new
  Priority:  Normal      |  Milestone:  MacPorts 2.4.3
 Component:  base        |    Version:
Resolution:              |   Keywords:
      Port:              |
-------------------------+----------------------------

Comment (by raimue):

 Replying to [comment:6 mojca]:
 > I would backport support for cargo from
 [changeset:"d1271bcdd33efd3a64d62cdc9aa35acc9a06cad0/macports-base"
 d1271bcdd3] as well.

 This has been reverted on master as it did not work as intended.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/56018#comment:7>
MacPorts <https://www.macports.org/>
Ports system for macOS
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [MacPorts] #56018: Backport bugfixes to release-2.4 for next release

MacPorts
In reply to this post by MacPorts
#56018: Backport bugfixes to release-2.4 for next release
-------------------------+----------------------------
  Reporter:  neverpanic  |      Owner:  raimue
      Type:  defect      |     Status:  new
  Priority:  Normal      |  Milestone:  MacPorts 2.4.3
 Component:  base        |    Version:
Resolution:              |   Keywords:
      Port:              |
-------------------------+----------------------------

Comment (by raimue):

 In [changeset:"b3fdb86dfc5cecf87933718e96f8792290e2f0ed/macports-base"
 b3fdb86dfc5cecf87933718e96f8792290e2f0ed/macports-base]:
 {{{
 #!ConfigurableCommitTicketReference repository="macports-base"
 revision="b3fdb86dfc5cecf87933718e96f8792290e2f0ed"
 ChangeLog: Update for backport to 2.4

 See: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/56018
 (cherry picked from commit 6a2c538e124314826bbbb6bdb301639e4657bcfb)
 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/56018#comment:8>
MacPorts <https://www.macports.org/>
Ports system for macOS
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [MacPorts] #56018: Backport bugfixes to release-2.4 for next release

MacPorts
In reply to this post by MacPorts
#56018: Backport bugfixes to release-2.4 for next release
-------------------------+----------------------------
  Reporter:  neverpanic  |      Owner:  raimue
      Type:  defect      |     Status:  new
  Priority:  Normal      |  Milestone:  MacPorts 2.4.3
 Component:  base        |    Version:
Resolution:              |   Keywords:
      Port:              |
-------------------------+----------------------------

Comment (by raimue):

 In [changeset:"6a2c538e124314826bbbb6bdb301639e4657bcfb/macports-base"
 6a2c538e124314826bbbb6bdb301639e4657bcfb/macports-base]:
 {{{
 #!ConfigurableCommitTicketReference repository="macports-base"
 revision="6a2c538e124314826bbbb6bdb301639e4657bcfb"
 ChangeLog: Update for backport to 2.4

 See: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/56018
 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/56018#comment:9>
MacPorts <https://www.macports.org/>
Ports system for macOS
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [MacPorts] #56018: Backport bugfixes to release-2.4 for next release

MacPorts
In reply to this post by MacPorts
#56018: Backport bugfixes to release-2.4 for next release
-------------------------+----------------------------
  Reporter:  neverpanic  |      Owner:  raimue
      Type:  defect      |     Status:  closed
  Priority:  Normal      |  Milestone:  MacPorts 2.4.3
 Component:  base        |    Version:
Resolution:  fixed       |   Keywords:
      Port:              |
-------------------------+----------------------------
Changes (by raimue):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed


Comment:

 Everything has been merged for 2.4.3.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/56018#comment:10>
MacPorts <https://www.macports.org/>
Ports system for macOS