[MacPorts] #55977: update the py*-pip packages (py27-pip, py36-pip, etc) to add new pip select targets for major python releases such as pip2 or pip3

[MacPorts] #55977: update the py*-pip packages (py27-pip, py36-pip, etc) to add new pip select targets for major python releases such as pip2 or pip3

MacPorts
#55977: update the py*-pip packages (py27-pip, py36-pip, etc) to add new pip select
targets for major python releases such as pip2 or pip3
-------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  qbuchanan    |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
 I would propose that two new select targets be created for the python pip
 packages, pip2 and pip3.  These new pip select targets would be based upon
 the major python release number and mirror current select targets for
 python2 and python3.  These additions would provide symmetry for the way
 python is currently handled with python select as well as mirror the
 functionality found with python on other OS's such as Linux (Ubuntu,
 Debian), Windows, etc.

 If you can point me in the right direction in order to learn how to add
 these select targets, I would be happy to help ;-)

   TIA

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/55977>
MacPorts <https://www.macports.org/>
Ports system for macOS

Re: [MacPorts] #55977: update the py*-pip packages (py27-pip, py36-pip, etc) to add new pip select targets for major python releases such as pip2 or pip3

MacPorts
#55977: update the py*-pip packages (py27-pip, py36-pip, etc) to add new pip select
targets for major python releases such as pip2 or pip3
--------------------------+----------------------
  Reporter:  qbuchanan    |      Owner:  stromnov
      Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  assigned
 Component:  ports        |    Version:
Resolution:               |   Keywords:
      Port:  py-pip       |
--------------------------+----------------------
Changes (by mf2k):

 * owner:   => stromnov
 * keywords:  python, pip =>
 * status:  new => assigned
 * port:  py27-pip, py36-pip => py-pip

Comment:

 In the future, please Cc the port maintainer(s) ({{{port info
 --maintainers py27-pip py36-pip}}}), if any.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/55977#comment:1>
MacPorts <https://www.macports.org/>
Ports system for macOS

Re: [MacPorts] #55977: update the py*-pip packages (py27-pip, py36-pip, etc) to add new pip select targets for major python releases such as pip2 or pip3

MacPorts
#55977: update the py*-pip packages (py27-pip, py36-pip, etc) to add new pip select
targets for major python releases such as pip2 or pip3
--------------------------+----------------------
  Reporter:  qbuchanan    |      Owner:  stromnov
      Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  assigned
 Component:  ports        |    Version:
Resolution:               |   Keywords:
      Port:  py-pip       |

Comment (by sgbotsford):

 FWIW searching for pip3 in my mac ports tree didn't find it.  Searching
 for pip brought up lots of things.  It took a fair amount of groveling to
 find out that it was called py-pip.

 Since pip is used for maintaining a set of modules to use with python,
 would it not make sense to include it by default in the distribution?

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/55977#comment:2>