I'm happy to try things out in order to get the bug solved, I'm just in
the middle of some other dev stuff at the same time so I have to plan out
what gets built when in order to avoid overtaxing my system (I'm running a
fairly old machine).
I haven't taken the time to try the patch yet, but it seems like this fix
would be a high priority to implement, no? For some reason, the commands
in comment:12 did not work for me. Deactivating cctools and then issuing
"port clean" and "port install" commands for audacity resulted in the same
archive-related error, as if cctools was still in effect. What *did* work
for me was to re-activate cctools, at which point it gave me the option to
restore an older build of cctools that I still had on my system (several,
in fact, but I went with cctools @886_6+llvm38 based on having read ticket
#53449). I was then able to clean and build audacity successfully.
This problem just cropped back up when I updated all my ports, which
included an update of Audacity to 2.1.3. I don't have time right this
minute to see if the fix from before (replacing python-patch.diff) works
in this case, but I'll try that later in the week and report back (unless
there's something else you want me to try this time).
Well, this fell off my radar for a bit, but I finally got around to trying
to rebuild the 2.1.3 version this morning using the python-patch.3.diff
file from above. The build failed and I'm attaching the log.
audacity[-devel]: update to version 2.2.0/184.108.40.206
* Update audacity to version 2.2.0.
* Update audacity devel to version 2.2.0-1-gfd3813f from git.
* Address incompatibility with wxWidgets 3.0.3.
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/55115 * New (experimental) variant `wx32` to test builds against wxWidgets 3.1.
* Dependency `portmidi` is now taken from MacPorts.
The built-in one seems to require ALSA.
* Dependency `portaudio` is the built-in one.
The one from MacPorts no longer works.
* Fixes the failure to find ffmpeg.