Layout test

Nagendra K
Hi,

I have a requirement to check if a particular WebKit or latest WebKit works on the embedded platform. They have custom port which is complex, so plan to build the new WebKit as a separate process to check build works fine and then bring their changes later. Once we build WebKit I want to check if this working by running some layout tests.
But I found that layout tests required some port like gtk to run, is this mandatory or can we run the tests without any port.

Thanks and Regards,
Nags

Re: Layout test

Konstantin Tokarev

29.06.2017, 18:18, "Nagendra K" <[hidden email]>:
> Hi,
>
> I have a requirement to check if a particular WebKit or latest WebKit works on the embedded platform. They have custom port which is complex, so plan to build the new WebKit as a separate process to check build works fine and then bring their changes later. Once we build WebKit I want to check if this working by running some layout tests.
> But I found that layout tests required some port like gtk to run, is this mandatory or can we run the tests without any port.

You should add implementation for your port under Tools/Scripts/webkitpy/port/

> Thanks and Regards,
> Nags
> ,

Konstantin

Re: Layout test

Nagendra K
My port is not ready yet as we decide to port module by module once we cross compile base webit on device. So is possible to test the WebKit built without the port, at least some tests without any UI.

Thanks,
Nagendra

On 29 Jun 2017 8:50 p.m., "Konstantin Tokarev" <[hidden email]> wrote:

29.06.2017, 18:18, "Nagendra K" <[hidden email]>:
> Hi,
>
> I have a requirement to check if a particular WebKit or latest WebKit works on the embedded platform. They have custom port which is complex, so plan to build the new WebKit as a separate process to check build works fine and then bring their changes later. Once we build WebKit I want to check if this working by running some layout tests.
> But I found that layout tests required some port like gtk to run, is this mandatory or can we run the tests without any port.

You should add implementation for your port under Tools/Scripts/webkitpy/port/

> Thanks and Regards,
> Nags
> ,

Konstantin

Re: Layout test

Konstantin Tokarev

29.06.2017, 18:46, "Nagendra K" <[hidden email]>:
My port is not ready yet as we decide to port module by module once we cross compile base webit on device. So is possible to test the WebKit built without the port, at least some tests without any UI.

You can run some tests manually, by opening their html files in your browser.
Also you can run unit tests (Tools/TestWebKitAPI)

For running LayoutTests, you can copy implementation of other port (e.g. gtk.py, or restore efl.py before it was removed), and adjust paths and settings to your port

Thanks,
Nagendra

On 29 Jun 2017 8:50 p.m., "Konstantin Tokarev" <[hidden email]> wrote:

29.06.2017, 18:18, "Nagendra K" <[hidden email]>:
> Hi,
>
> I have a requirement to check if a particular WebKit or latest WebKit works on the embedded platform. They have custom port which is complex, so plan to build the new WebKit as a separate process to check build works fine and then bring their changes later. Once we build WebKit I want to check if this working by running some layout tests.
> But I found that layout tests required some port like gtk to run, is this mandatory or can we run the tests without any port.

You should add implementation for your port under Tools/Scripts/webkitpy/port/

> Thanks and Regards,
> Nags
> ,

Konstantin

Konstantin

Re: Layout test

Nagendra K
Hi,

So can we run unit tests without any port as in
Tools/TestWebKitAPI
 When I tried to build it is breaking and when I checked in build script it is looking for Apple macros to build.
Build script I picked from Tools/Script/build-api-tests.

Thanks,
Nagendra

On 29 Jun 2017 9:23 p.m., "Konstantin Tokarev" <[hidden email]> wrote:

29.06.2017, 18:46, "Nagendra K" <[hidden email]>:
My port is not ready yet as we decide to port module by module once we cross compile base webit on device. So is possible to test the WebKit built without the port, at least some tests without any UI.

You can run some tests manually, by opening their html files in your browser.
Also you can run unit tests (Tools/TestWebKitAPI)

For running LayoutTests, you can copy implementation of other port (e.g. gtk.py, or restore efl.py before it was removed), and adjust paths and settings to your port

Thanks,
Nagendra

On 29 Jun 2017 8:50 p.m., "Konstantin Tokarev" <[hidden email]> wrote:

29.06.2017, 18:18, "Nagendra K" <[hidden email]>:
> Hi,
>
> I have a requirement to check if a particular WebKit or latest WebKit works on the embedded platform. They have custom port which is complex, so plan to build the new WebKit as a separate process to check build works fine and then bring their changes later. Once we build WebKit I want to check if this working by running some layout tests.
> But I found that layout tests required some port like gtk to run, is this mandatory or can we run the tests without any port.

You should add implementation for your port under Tools/Scripts/webkitpy/port/

> Thanks and Regards,
> Nags
> ,

Konstantin

Konstantin

Re: Layout test

Nagendra K
Hi,

So can we run unit tests without any port as in

Tools/TestWebKitAPI
 When I tried to build it is breaking and when I checked it is looking for Apple macros to build.
Build script I picked from Tools/Script/build-api-tests.
Thanks,
Nags

On 29 Jun 2017 9:23 p.m., "Konstantin Tokarev" <[hidden email]> wrote:

29.06.2017, 18:46, "Nagendra K" <[hidden email]>:
My port is not ready yet as we decide to port module by module once we cross compile base webit on device. So is possible to test the WebKit built without the port, at least some tests without any UI.

You can run some tests manually, by opening their html files in your browser.
Also you can run unit tests (Tools/TestWebKitAPI)

For running LayoutTests, you can copy implementation of other port (e.g. gtk.py, or restore efl.py before it was removed), and adjust paths and settings to your port

Thanks,
Nagendra

On 29 Jun 2017 8:50 p.m., "Konstantin Tokarev" <[hidden email]> wrote:

29.06.2017, 18:18, "Nagendra K" <[hidden email]>:
> Hi,
>
> I have a requirement to check if a particular WebKit or latest WebKit works on the embedded platform. They have custom port which is complex, so plan to build the new WebKit as a separate process to check build works fine and then bring their changes later. Once we build WebKit I want to check if this working by running some layout tests.
> But I found that layout tests required some port like gtk to run, is this mandatory or can we run the tests without any port.

You should add implementation for your port under Tools/Scripts/webkitpy/port/

> Thanks and Regards,
> Nags
> ,

Konstantin