Quantcast

JPortsUI has been updated

Stephen Baber
JPortsUI has been updated due to an error when loading the port index.
And by request, the program's behavior has been changed from always
removing inactive ports to ignoring them,  This means previous port
versions will linger until uninstalled.  The new version can be
downloaded from
https://sourceforge.net/projects/jportsui/files/

Feel free to submit a ticket or feature request with SourceForge's
"Tickets" navigation button or gmail me.

Steve

Re: JPortsUI has been updated

Richard L. Hamilton-3
I won't debate what default behavior might be desirable, but is the behavior configurable regarding inactive ports?  If so, there are options some might desire between keep all and keep none.  I for instance would always want to keep any that still had a dependency on them (it happens, occasionally), and would like to be able to keep the most recent one (or other small number) for any given port, rather than none or all, to have something to fall back to in case of problems, yet limit the growth of space consumed.  Such a limit would be particularly useful regarding ports that are either large or frequently updated.

> On Apr 7, 2017, at 20:28, Stephen Baber <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> JPortsUI has been updated due to an error when loading the port index.
> And by request, the program's behavior has been changed from always
> removing inactive ports to ignoring them,  This means previous port
> versions will linger until uninstalled.  The new version can be
> downloaded from
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/jportsui/files/
>
> Feel free to submit a ticket or feature request with SourceForge's
> "Tickets" navigation button or gmail me.
>
> Steve

Re: JPortsUI has been updated

Ken Cunningham Webuse
Thanks! I think I was the one (or one of the ones, at least) who expressed surprise at the old default behaviour, so thanks very much for changing that. Mostly, it was unexpected...

I really like your GUI interface, and appreciate the effort you've put into it to make the less-obvious parts of macports more available.

Ken

db

On 8 Apr 2017, at 02:28, Stephen Baber <[hidden email]> wrote:
> JPortsUI has been updated due to an error when loading the port index.

I get an error when launching it from systems almost identical: OS X 10.8.5, Java 1.6.0_65, port 2.4.1.

One uses rsync for the tree, another uses github and shows this error message

/opt/local/var/macports/sources/null/opt/local/var/macports/sources/github.com/macports/macports-ports/Portindex does not seem to exist.

Re: JPortsUI has been updated

Manfred Antar

On Apr 9, 2017, at 8:03 AM, db <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 8 Apr 2017, at 02:28, Stephen Baber <[hidden email]> wrote:
JPortsUI has been updated due to an error when loading the port index.

I get an error when launching it from systems almost identical: OS X 10.8.5, Java 1.6.0_65, port 2.4.1.

One uses rsync for the tree, another uses github and shows this error message

/opt/local/var/macports/sources/null/opt/local/var/macports/sources/github.com/macports/macports-ports/Portindex does not seem to exist.

I got the same error.
I did :

mkdir -p /opt/local/var/macports/sources/null/opt/local/var/macports/sources/github.com/macports/macports-ports

ln -s /opt/local/var/macports/sources/github.com/macports/macports-ports/Portindex \
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/null/opt/local/var/macports/sources/github.com/macports/macports-ports/Portindex

and it works.

Not sure how to fix as I see no configuration file.

Manfred

Re: JPortsUI has been updated

Stephen Baber
JPortsUI has been updated due to an error when loading a file://
hosted port index (ex. GitHib) and an error when uninstalling ports
has been corrected. This version, 2017-04-10, can be downloaded from
https://sourceforge.net/projects/jportsui/files/

Feel free to submit a ticket or feature request with SourceForge's
"Tickets" navigation button or directly gmail me.  Special thanks for
help from Manfred Antar and db-iamsudo!
db

Re: JPortsUI has been updated

db
It works, thanks!

I'll probably use it only for navigating the tree, so here's my feedback so far.

More -> About JPortsUI… seems to trigger connections to the update sites for requested ports. This also happens when clicking on a row in the main pane for a port to show below it. Is that necessary?

I'd make the buttons on the left (from 'All' to 'What's new?') the same size as those in the top row like 'Sync', also same font size, although I would keep the different colors and bold style. That would make place to move the bottom right section with radio buttons to the left — giving a more pleasant UI, with settings on the left and navigation on the right.

Full screen size would be a nice addition, too, as well as adjusting the columns in the main pane.

Lastly, what does 'Reset Logo Cache' anyway? The tooltip is not clear to me. I supposed JPortsUI wouldn't write any files of itself.