Is anyone successfully using lout on Sierra?

Is anyone successfully using lout on Sierra?

Barrie Stott
I don’t remember having a problem with the lout port until I moved to Sierra. Now all my ports are fine except lout.

Barrie.

Re: Is anyone successfully using lout on Sierra?

Ryan Schmidt-24

Could you be more specific about what doesn't work?

On 11 Aug 2017, at 08:52, Ryan Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Aug 11, 2017, at 01:21, Barrie Stott wrote:
>
>> I don’t remember having a problem with the lout port until I moved to Sierra. Now all my ports are fine except lout.
>
> Could you be more specific about what doesn't work?

Yes, and I apologise for not doing so before.
When I try to install lout I use ‘sudo port install lout’ and get the following:
--->  Computing dependencies for lout
--->  Fetching archive for lout
--->  Attempting to fetch lout-3.40_0.darwin_16.x86_64.tbz2 from https://packages.macports.org/lout
--->  Attempting to fetch lout-3.40_0.darwin_16.x86_64.tbz2 from http://mse.uk.packages.macports.org/sites/packages.macports.org/lout
--->  Attempting to fetch lout-3.40_0.darwin_16.x86_64.tbz2 from http://lil.fr.packages.macports.org/lout
--->  Fetching distfiles for lout
--->  Attempting to fetch lout-3.40.tar.gz from https://distfiles.macports.org/lout
--->  Verifying checksums for lout
--->  Extracting lout
--->  Configuring lout
--->  Building lout
--->  Staging lout into destroot
Error: Failed to destroot lout: command execution failed

I've used lout for a long time and via MacPorts since 2010 and it wasn’t till I began with Sierra that messages like the one above appeared. I’ve been ill for much of the year so I have not wanted to pursue my lout problem but, during that time, I’ve never had any MacPorts users emailing that lout didn’t work. Hence my query.

If the full log is desired I am happy to produce it.

Barrie.

Re: Is anyone successfully using lout on Sierra?

Ken Cunningham
indeed, without the full log cant tell what is wrong.

Best, K

> On Aug 11, 2017, at 10:41 AM, Barrie Stott <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 11 Aug 2017, at 08:52, Ryan Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> On Aug 11, 2017, at 01:21, Barrie Stott wrote:
>>>
>>> I don’t remember having a problem with the lout port until I moved to Sierra. Now all my ports are fine except lout.
>>
>> Could you be more specific about what doesn't work?
>
> Yes, and I apologise for not doing so before.
> When I try to install lout I use ‘sudo port install lout’ and get the following:
> --->  Computing dependencies for lout
> --->  Fetching archive for lout
> --->  Attempting to fetch lout-3.40_0.darwin_16.x86_64.tbz2 from https://packages.macports.org/lout
> --->  Attempting to fetch lout-3.40_0.darwin_16.x86_64.tbz2 from http://mse.uk.packages.macports.org/sites/packages.macports.org/lout
> --->  Attempting to fetch lout-3.40_0.darwin_16.x86_64.tbz2 from http://lil.fr.packages.macports.org/lout
> --->  Fetching distfiles for lout
> --->  Attempting to fetch lout-3.40.tar.gz from https://distfiles.macports.org/lout
> --->  Verifying checksums for lout
> --->  Extracting lout
> --->  Configuring lout
> --->  Building lout
> --->  Staging lout into destroot
> Error: Failed to destroot lout: command execution failed
>
> I've used lout for a long time and via MacPorts since 2010 and it wasn’t till I began with Sierra that messages like the one above appeared. I’ve been ill for much of the year so I have not wanted to pursue my lout problem but, during that time, I’ve never had any MacPorts users emailing that lout didn’t work. Hence my query.
>
> If the full log is desired I am happy to produce it.
>
> Barrie.

Re: Is anyone successfully using lout on Sierra?

Barrie Stott
> On 11 Aug 2017, at 09:50, Ken Cunningham <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> indeed, without the full log cant tell what is wrong.
>
> Best, K

Sorry about that. Here is the full log.

Barrie.

main.log (128K) Download Attachment

On 2017-08-11, at 2:14 AM, Barrie Stott wrote:

>> On 11 Aug 2017, at 09:50, Ken Cunningham <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> indeed, without the full log cant tell what is wrong.
>>
>> Best, K
>
> Sorry about that. Here is the full log.
>
> Barrie.

First of all, the port appears to be building by calling gcc, which is wrong.

The error in this log seems to occur when the port binary dies while trying to initializes itself by running the following:

:info:destroot (c) Initializing run (should be silent, no errors expected)
:info:destroot /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_macports_release_tarballs_ports_textproc_lout/lout/work/destroot/opt/local/bin/lout -x -s /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_macports_release_tarballs_ports_textproc_lout/lout/work/destroot/opt/local/share/lout/include/init
:info:destroot make: *** [install] Abort trap: 6

Abort trap 6 has lots of references on google, e.g. <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/26431147/abort-trap-6-error-in-c>

I don't have a 2 minute fix at this moment -- I think you should open a ticket here and upload all the relevant data so far.

Best,

Re: Is anyone successfully using lout on Sierra?

Ken Cunningham
While this is getting sorted out properly, lout can be built on Sierra to get you running with the following series of steps:

sudo port install gcc6
sudo port select gcc mp-gcc6
sudo port -v install lout
sudo port select gcc none

Not tested other than a basic run to establish no errors.

Ken

See: https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/662

Re: Is anyone successfully using lout on Sierra?

Barrie Stott

> On 12 Aug 2017, at 16:48, Ken Cunningham <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On Aug 11, 2017, at 7:05 PM, Ken Cunningham <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> While this is getting sorted out properly...
>

> See: https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/662

I am amazed at what you have achieved. All I’ve managed to do is get myself write access to GitHub, read for the first time about using GitHub and I was deciding what to tell GitHub, now not needed, when your email came. (Getting old - I’m in my 80’s - certainly has drawbacks for some of us.) No reply needed.

Barrie.

"Abort trap" means "it crashed". If you want to know more than that, you have to look at the crash log file.

Re: Is anyone successfully using lout on Sierra?

Ken Cunningham
already fixed in clang 4.0+,