IconLoader::didFail

Patrick Hanna
Quick question about the IconLoader code. I just noticed that if I
cancel a load where an Icon was in the process of being loaded (i.e.
didReceiveResponse was called with a good response), didFail is
called. This method then calls finishLoading with a valid url since
the ResourceHandle is non-null. Is this the intended behavior? This
will commit the url to the icon database even though the icon load
was canceled.

Thanks,
Patrick

Re: IconLoader::didFail

Brady Eidson
Committing a failed icon load to the icon database was intended
behavior - if an icon doesn't exist at the calculated url, we want to
store that result so we don't hammer the server for it over and over.

Committing a *cancelled* load to the icon database was an oversight
and is a bug.  The fix is straight forward - SubresourceLoaders know
the difference between cancellation and failure, but their clients
don't. Give SubresourceLoaderClient the ability to distinguish between
failures and cancellations and its a peace of cake.

If you wanted to file a bug at bugs.webkit.org, that'd be awesome  :)

~Brady