Help installation

Franck Olivier Ngassam Nyakam
Hello sir
 I want to install Xcrysden on my mac but for this I have to install macport. I have followed all the installation procedure may when I have to enter the command.port install xcrysden +x11.. I have this messageError: Insufficient privileges to write to MacPorts install prefix.how to do please? thank you

Re: Help installation

Ryan Schmidt-24

On Mar 19, 2017, at 12:35, Franck Olivier Ngassam Nyakam wrote:

I want to install Xcrysden on my mac but for this I have to install macport. I have followed all the installation procedure may when I have to enter the command.port install xcrysden +x11.. I have this messageError: Insufficient privileges to write to MacPorts install prefix.how to do please? thank you

Use "sudo" to give yourself sufficient privileges:

sudo port install xcrysden +x11

Re: Help installation

Lenore Horner-2
 I want to install Xcrysden on my mac but for this I have to install macport. I have followed all the installation procedure may when I have to enter the command.port install xcrysden +x11.. I have this messageError: Insufficient privileges to write to MacPorts install prefix.how to do please? thank you

You need to say instead sudo port install xcrysden +x11  and then give your password.
Lenore

Re: Help installation

> On Mar 27, 2017, at 06:14, Franck Olivier Ngassam Nyakam <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello Sir
> I can not always finish the macport instalation a cause of gmp and I even googled but I find an answer. When I enter the command sudo port install ffmpeg I have this resultContinue? [Y/n]: Y
> --->  Configuring gmp
> Error: Failed to configure gmp, consult /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_devel_gmp/gmp/work/gmp-6.1.2/config.log
> Error: Failed to configure gmp: configure failure: command execution failed
> Error: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_devel_gmp/gmp/main.log for details.
> Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets to report a bug.
> Error: Processing of port ffmpeg failed
> And the last time you want to show you the main.log file and config.log, how to have them from my terminal ?.

The config.log you sent shows this error:

xcrun: error: unable to exec Xcode native xcrun (Permission denied).

This problem has been discussed before here: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/41138

I think this means either you haven't installed Xcode, or you haven't used xcode-select to indicate where Xcode is installed.

So first, try installing Xcode. You can get it from the Mac App Store:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/xcode/id497799835?mt=12