Fork in MacPorts Users list?

Fielding, Eric J (329A)

Hello,

Since yesterday, I noticed that I am now getting MacPorts “macports-users Digest” email from two different lists, one at “macosforge.org” (Vol 125, Issue 10 today) and one at “macports.org” (Vol 129, Issue 19 today). Is this a fork of the MacPorts Users mailing list or a transition? I am sending this to both lists, so I apologize to those who get two copies if they are subscribed to both. I remember there was some transition last year, but I don’t remember the details of what was supposed to happen to the lists.

Thanks,

                ++Eric

Re: Fork in MacPorts Users list?

Ryan Schmidt-24

> On May 28, 2017, at 14:11, Fielding, Eric J (329A) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Since yesterday, I noticed that I am now getting MacPorts “macports-users Digest” email from two different lists, one at “macosforge.org” (Vol 125, Issue 10 today) and one at “macports.org” (Vol 129, Issue 19 today). Is this a fork of the MacPorts Users mailing list or a transition? I am sending this to both lists, so I apologize to those who get two copies if they are subscribed to both. I remember there was some transition last year, but I don’t remember the details of what was supposed to happen to the lists.

I noticed this problem too. I need to talk to Apple about fixing it, since they run the list server that handled lists.macosforge.org before we moved it to our own server. Please see:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/54239