Error: Unable to execute port: Error evaluating variants.

Error: Unable to execute port: Error evaluating variants.

Holiday
After a failed port I began to get this message

dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libintl.3.dylib

It looked like my X11 directory had been cleaned out, too, soo I
re-installed X11, re-installed ports.

No change.

So I followed the instructions on this page:
http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/wiki/ProblemHotlist

All the way to the bottom. I'd have to reinstall a lot of stuff, but
never mind. Ports is usually very easy to use.

So:

sudo port install gimp2
Error: Error executing darwin_8: invalid command name "configure.compiler"
Error: Unable to execute port: Error evaluating variants.

I get this for a number of different ports. So it's not a gimp issue.

A googling suggests that my X11 is not installed, but it is!

So I'm lost.

I'm perfectly willing to blow everything about ports away and start
again, but do I need to? And I have must, then how do i do this.

Thanks

Re: Error: Unable to execute port: Error evaluating variants.

Daniel J. Luke
On Sep 17, 2007, at 11:48 PM, Holiday wrote:
> sudo port install gimp2
> Error: Error executing darwin_8: invalid command name
> "configure.compiler"
> Error: Unable to execute port: Error evaluating variants.

You probably don't have the latest version of macports installed.

Try:

sudo port selfupdate

--
Daniel J. Luke