Darwin Ports

Giles Williams-2
Hi There.

I've really no idea if this is where I'm meant to send this, but this
was the only email address I saw on the darwin ports site.

Basically, I just downloaded Darwinports 1.2, meaning to install
catdoc on my Mac. It installed Darwinports fine, then I followed the
instructions saying to enter "sudo port install catdoc" into terminal.
That was fine, so I typed my root password.

It then outputted:
--->  Fetching catdoc
--->  Attempting to fetch catdoc-0.94.tar.gz from
ftp://ftp.45.free.net/pub/catdoc/
--->  Attempting to fetch catdoc-0.94.tar.gz from
http://distfiles-od.opendarwin.org/
--->  Attempting to fetch catdoc-0.94.tar.gz from
http://distfiles-msn.opendarwin.org/
--->  Attempting to fetch catdoc-0.94.tar.gz from
http://distfiles-bay13.opendarwin.org/
Error: Target com.apple.fetch returned: fetch failed
Error: /opt/local/bin/port: Status 1 encountered during processing.

I've really no idea what this means as I'm not very fluent at Unix.

Could you please help me get catdoc installed?

Thanks.

--
Giles Williams,

CEO, NetReal Network Integrated Solutions.
http://netreal.qlehosting.com/
http://www.qlehosting.com/
http://www.qledesign.com/
http://www.qleis.com/

Re: Darwin Ports

Joubert Uriarte
Hi Giles,

You have to get your Mac connected to the Internet.  The source files
still need to be downloaded onto your Mac before it can be built and
installed.  Also, have you installed the X-Code Tools for your Mac?
You'll need it to compile/build the sources.

Joubert

Giles Williams wrote:

> Hi There.
>
> I've really no idea if this is where I'm meant to send this, but this
> was the only email address I saw on the darwin ports site.
>
> Basically, I just downloaded Darwinports 1.2, meaning to install
> catdoc on my Mac. It installed Darwinports fine, then I followed the
> instructions saying to enter "sudo port install catdoc" into terminal.
> That was fine, so I typed my root password.
>
> It then outputted:
> --->  Fetching catdoc
> --->  Attempting to fetch catdoc-0.94.tar.gz from
> ftp://ftp.45.free.net/pub/catdoc/
> --->  Attempting to fetch catdoc-0.94.tar.gz from
> http://distfiles-od.opendarwin.org/
> --->  Attempting to fetch catdoc-0.94.tar.gz from
> http://distfiles-msn.opendarwin.org/
> --->  Attempting to fetch catdoc-0.94.tar.gz from
> http://distfiles-bay13.opendarwin.org/
> Error: Target com.apple.fetch returned: fetch failed
> Error: /opt/local/bin/port: Status 1 encountered during processing.
>
> I've really no idea what this means as I'm not very fluent at Unix.
>
> Could you please help me get catdoc installed?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Giles Williams,
>
> CEO, NetReal Network Integrated Solutions.
> http://netreal.qlehosting.com/
> http://www.qlehosting.com/
> http://www.qledesign.com/
> http://www.qleis.com/

Re: Darwin Ports

Joubert Uriarte

Re: Darwin Ports

Giles Williams-2
Hi Joubert.

Started to work, but then MD5 Check Failed (Obviously because it is a
different package to what it expects).

--->  Fetching catdoc
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for catdoc
--->  Checksumming catdoc-0.94.tar.gz
Error: Checksum (md5) mismatch for catdoc-0.94.tar.gz
Portfile checksum: catdoc-0.94.tar.gz md5 f884dabe366d66c6cda35dacb0cdceab
Distfile checksum: catdoc-0.94.tar.gz md5 243e1680bb3e703616f5adecfee24491
Error: Target com.apple.checksum returned: Unable to verify file checksums
Warning: the following items did not execute (for catdoc):
com.apple.activate com.apple.extract com.apple.checksum
com.apple.patch com.apple.configure com.apple.build com.apple.destroot
com.apple.archive com.apple.install
Error: /opt/local/bin/port: Status 1 encountered during processing.

Do you know how to edit the MD5 Checksum of the Package?

Thanks.

--
Giles Williams,

CEO, NetReal Network Integrated Solutions.
http://netreal.qlehosting.com/
http://www.qlehosting.com/
http://www.qledesign.com/
http://www.qleis.com/

Re: Darwin Ports

Joubert Uriarte

Re: Darwin Ports

Giles Williams-2
Hi There.

Just thought I'd let you know, I got it working eventually using the
method you described earlier, but I downloaded an older version (the
right one) from http://site.n.ml.org/info/catdoc/.

Thanks for all of your help on this.