Could not initialize

Sundareswara, Rashmi N

Hi,

I’m trying to install macports on MAC OS Yosemite.  I followed the instructions for the install but here is the error message I get when I type “port help”  TIA!

Last login: Fri Jun  2 14:11:06 on ttys000

HRLE04332:~ rnsundareswara$ port help

No sources defined in /opt/local/etc/macports/sources.conf

    while executing

"mportinit ui_options global_options global_variations"

Error: /opt/local/bin/port: Failed to initialize MacPorts, No sources defined in /opt/local/etc/macports/sources.conf

HRLE04332:~ rnsundareswara$

Re: Could not initialize

Ryan Schmidt-24

On Jun 2, 2017, at 16:29, Sundareswara, Rashmi N wrote:

> I’m trying to install macports on MAC OS Yosemite.  I followed the instructions for the install but here is the error message I get when I type “port help”  TIA!
>

> Last login: Fri Jun  2 14:11:06 on ttys000
> HRLE04332:~ rnsundareswara$ port help
> No sources defined in /opt/local/etc/macports/sources.conf
>     while executing
> "mportinit ui_options global_options global_variations"
> Error: /opt/local/bin/port: Failed to initialize MacPorts, No sources defined in /opt/local/etc/macports/sources.conf
> HRLE04332:~ rnsundareswara$

What are the contents of the file /opt/local/etc/macports/sources.conf?