Changing Order of Precedence for Mac TestExpectations

Changing Order of Precedence for Mac TestExpectations

Jonathan Bedard
Hi everyone,

Today, we changed the order of precedence for Mac TestExpectations (r219507).  Previously, the precedence for El Capitan would look like this:

platform/mac-wk2
platform/wk2
platform/mac-elcapitan
platform/mac-sierra
generic

Where an expectation or expected result in platform/mac-wk2 would override one in platform/wk2, an expectation or expected result in platform/wk2 would override one in platform/mac-elcapitan, ect.

Now, precedence for Mac test expectations will conform to other platforms.  For example, precedence on iOS Simulator looks like this:

platform/ios-simulator-wk2
platform/ios-simulator
platform/ios-10
platform/ios-wk2
platform/ios
platform/wk2
generic

With these new changes, the precedence for El Capitan will look like this:

platform/mac-elcapitan-wk2
platform/mac-elcapitan
platform/mac-wk2
platform/wk2
generic

This change has required a few test expectations to be moved around, we do not expect much fallout.

Jonathan

Re: Changing Order of Precedence for Mac TestExpectations

Jiewen Tan
Hi Jonathan,

Good job. The new logic makes more sense to me.

Best,
Jiewen

> On Jul 14, 2017, at 10:16 AM, Jonathan Bedard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> Today, we changed the order of precedence for Mac TestExpectations (r219507).  Previously, the precedence for El Capitan would look like this:
>
> platform/mac-wk2
> platform/wk2
> platform/mac-elcapitan
> platform/mac-sierra
> generic
>
> Where an expectation or expected result in platform/mac-wk2 would override one in platform/wk2, an expectation or expected result in platform/wk2 would override one in platform/mac-elcapitan, ect.
>
> Now, precedence for Mac test expectations will conform to other platforms.  For example, precedence on iOS Simulator looks like this:
>
> platform/ios-simulator-wk2
> platform/ios-simulator
> platform/ios-10
> platform/ios-wk2
> platform/ios
> platform/wk2
> generic
>
> With these new changes, the precedence for El Capitan will look like this:
>
> platform/mac-elcapitan-wk2
> platform/mac-elcapitan
> platform/mac-wk2
> platform/wk2
> generic
>
> This change has required a few test expectations to be moved around, we do not expect much fallout.
>
> Jonathan

Re: Changing Order of Precedence for Mac TestExpectations

Michael Catanzaro
On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 12:26 PM, Jiewen Tan <[hidden email]>
wrote:
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> Good job. The new logic makes more sense to me.
>
> Best,
> Jiewen

Yeah, we got super confused recently when we discovered that the WK2
expectations were overriding the WPE expectations [1], because it
worked the same way as Mac.

The logic for computing the default expectations paths in the Python
scripts is still quite convoluted.

Michael

[1] http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/219300/webkit