Cached distfile with the same name

Herby G
Hello all,

I have a situation where a particular port is using a distfile of the same name from version to version.

So there's currently an older version of the port's distfile cached in the MacPorts mirrors.

Unfortunately, trying to update the port is failing since the distfile is first fetched from the MacPorts mirror.

Since the old and new version of the distfile have the exact same name, checksums won't compute for the new version of the Portfile.

How is this normally handled?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Cached distfile with the same name

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/PortfileRecipes#unversioned-distfiles